- Obtain Passport well in advance of your trip (In case of delays)
- Carry Passport with you at all times. I carry mine in a ZipLock bag
(more info - 2nd paragraph) Actualy, now that I live here, I made a copy
of every page of my passport. I carry the copy in a ZipLock bag and
leave the original at home.
UPDATE: I now have a Thai Drivers License so I no longer carry a copy
of my Passport with me.
- Do you need shots? Check with your Doctor (more info)
- Obtain International Driving License if you plan to drive
(more info - 3rd paragraph)
- Mosquito Repellent (containing at least 30% Deet, if possible)
Example: Cutter Outdoorsman. In Thailand the best I can find is 20%
- Waterless Hand Soap
- Bring medicine for Traveler's Diarrhea
- Bring loose clothing during the hot season (tight clothing traps the
- Carry Toilet Paper with you. I fold a supply and put in a ZipLock bag.
- Only Drink Bottled Water (more info)
- Learn some basic Thai (click here)
- Exchange US Dollars into Thai Baht at Bangkok Airport (better rate
than exchanging outside Thailand) Major Thai Banks have exchange
desk at the Airport. For 9 ways to bring money into Thailand Click Here
- Cheapest way to exchange US Dollars to Thai Baht - Go inside of the
bank and use ATM Debit Card for cash advance
Hint: I have a Savings Acct and a Checking Acct. at my bank in Hawaii.
My debit card is tied to my checking account only (In case my card is
lost or stolen). When I need funds I use the Internet to transfer funds
from my Savings Acct to my Checking Acct. Then I go to the Bank to
- Taxi or Limousine? They look the same but big difference in price
Click Picture To Enlarge
|Don's Life In Thailand
|Waterless Hand Soap
|Thai Drivers License